Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - another "help me choose a board" thread
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
another "help me choose a board" thread

So I've been rolling a few boards around in my head over the past few days, and I can't seem to decide.

I'm 5'10", 170 lbs. Size 9.5 boot. I ride about 60% park (jibbing included), the other 40% is mostly bombing around the mountain with a little pipe mixed in. Basically, I ride it all but mostly stick to park.. I need something that can handle it all but isn't too soft as I do tend to get real fast. I consider myself an advanced rider.

What I'm looking at:

Lib Tech Attack Banana
Ride Buckwild
NS Proto (but its a bit out of my price range)
NS Evo (price a bit much as well, still a possible)

I was originally set on the buckwild but I'm not getting the sense it would be as playful as the banana. I love to jib and the buckwild, for all its good reviews I dunno if I would be able to press as well. The super flat base also makes me worried, not sure I could get the play out of it I want.

I've been digging the attack banana lately but am curious to its flex. I also do not have much experience on a heavily rockered board. I've rode mostly cambered.

I know the least about the proto and the evo, just that the proto is more all-mountain and the evo is freestyle oriented. I have seen all the hype for these two boards on the forums but I haven't researched them as much as the AB and buckwild. Can the evo hold and edge well and handle high speeds?

Thanks for your help.
sheepstealer is offline  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome