Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - another "help me choose a board" thread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Default another "help me choose a board" thread

So I've been rolling a few boards around in my head over the past few days, and I can't seem to decide.

I'm 5'10", 170 lbs. Size 9.5 boot. I ride about 60% park (jibbing included), the other 40% is mostly bombing around the mountain with a little pipe mixed in. Basically, I ride it all but mostly stick to park.. I need something that can handle it all but isn't too soft as I do tend to get real fast. I consider myself an advanced rider.

What I'm looking at:

Lib Tech Attack Banana
Ride Buckwild
NS Proto (but its a bit out of my price range)
NS Evo (price a bit much as well, still a possible)

I was originally set on the buckwild but I'm not getting the sense it would be as playful as the banana. I love to jib and the buckwild, for all its good reviews I dunno if I would be able to press as well. The super flat base also makes me worried, not sure I could get the play out of it I want.

I've been digging the attack banana lately but am curious to its flex. I also do not have much experience on a heavily rockered board. I've rode mostly cambered.

I know the least about the proto and the evo, just that the proto is more all-mountain and the evo is freestyle oriented. I have seen all the hype for these two boards on the forums but I haven't researched them as much as the AB and buckwild. Can the evo hold and edge well and handle high speeds?

Thanks for your help.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote