Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings or boots?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dutch Ninja

Default Bindings or boots?

The story: Way back in 2008 I decided to get into snowboarding and purchase my first stick and associated gear. I got AM gear because I didnt know what type of riding I was gonna be into. I got a Capita MHT (Mind + Heart Torn), 32Lashed boots, and Burton Mission bindings. I have boarded for 3 seasons now (there were a few seasons I just couldn't ride... I was in Iraq) and progressed substantially. I love to drop steep black runs in fresh pow. If there is no pow I like to ride groomers FAST! I stay out of the parks and am mostly into Freeride. I haven't done any back country riding but if I find someone who will let me tag along I would deff be interested in it. I recently purchased a Jeremy Jones Flagship to enhance my pow riding. I plan to keep the Capita for groomer days and bust out the flagship for pow days. So to the question...

The Question: After purchasing the Flagship I realize that my boot binding combo are less than ideal for the board. I can't afford to purchase new boots and bindings so its one or the other or neither. My missions are in great shape and I intend to continue to use them on my Capita and use my new bindings (if I decide to go the binding route) just for my Flagship. My 32's probably have one more season left as I have to tighten them 2 or 3 times a day when I ride. My price range is $200 or under (slightly over 200 is acceptable).

Boots: I am looking for something I can use for riding groomers on my Capita (with my mission bindings) and my Flagship on pow days (with my mission bindings until I can afford new bindings for the Flagship). I am reluctant to buy boots because I am in Afghanistan so I can't really go into stores and try on different boots. Also, if what I order doesnt fit right by the time I get back home it will probably be to late return them. I don't wanna wait until I get home because I will miss out on the 2012 gear sales.

Bindings: The bindings will be just for the Flagship because as I already mentioned I will keep my missions for the Capita. So I am looking for bindings that are stiff, responsive, and durable. I looked at Burton Diodes but I saw reviews about issues with durability. I also looked at Flux DMCC but I couldn't find any in my price range. I was thinking maybe Bent Metal Venoms or K2 Companys. I am open to suggestions though.

Thanks for any advice you might have!!
Dutch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote