Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Canada for 4 months in 2013. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
timetowastetime

Default Snowboarding Canada for 4 months in 2013. Advice?

Hey everyone, just joined these forums. They look great. I'm a Australian heading to Canada for the first time to snowboard this coming season. I've been snowboarding before a few times over the years so am not a complete beginner.

I'm so lost. It seems like there are so many great hills around! I have no idea where I should go?

I've been working and saving over this year so that I won't be working while I'm over. This means employment isn't an issue.

I'm heading over around the start of January and planning to stay until the end of April (or the end of May if the season will still be going??)

I want to be able to stay on or very close to the mountain in a cheap hostel type accommodation, don't mind sharing a room with however many people.

Should I get a season pass to just one mountain and stay there the whole time? Maybe Fernie?

Or should I get one of those multi mountain passes?

The main thing I'm worried about is finding mountains that are good, with cheap accommodation available.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
timetowastetime is offline   Reply With Quote