Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Canada for 4 months in 2013. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

I don't have local knowledge, but have been exploring different passes and mountains in CO the last couple years, can share some advice about the choice process:

Coming from Aus as long as you end up in a mountain range (Cascades, Rockies) and not somewhere shitty in Ontario or Quebec :P, ur golden.

Everyone has their own favorites, the best way to choose is try a few over a couple years and go with what you like.

The second best way to choose is if you know anyone. I'm pretty anti-social, and ride about 75% of the time alone because nobody is as stoked as I am to go 4 days a week, so when I do get a buddy to go, its all about matching up passes.

3rd consideration is price. I've heard most of the canadian resorts are still upwards of $1500-2000+ for season passes.

Finally, key info you want is, does "xxx mountain" have alot of cattracks and run-outs where you will be skating and walking everywhere. Some mountains have none of this, others have what seems like a ton and can be very frustrating when you don't know the terrain at first.

Choose any world class resort on a real mountain with at least 3000' or 1000 meters of vertical, and you will be happy riding there the whole season by yourself as you progress.