Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Canada for 4 months in 2013. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have local knowledge, but have been exploring different passes and mountains in CO the last couple years, can share some advice about the choice process:

Coming from Aus as long as you end up in a mountain range (Cascades, Rockies) and not somewhere shitty in Ontario or Quebec :P, ur golden.

Everyone has their own favorites, the best way to choose is try a few over a couple years and go with what you like.

The second best way to choose is if you know anyone. I'm pretty anti-social, and ride about 75% of the time alone because nobody is as stoked as I am to go 4 days a week, so when I do get a buddy to go, its all about matching up passes.

3rd consideration is price. I've heard most of the canadian resorts are still upwards of $1500-2000+ for season passes.

Finally, key info you want is, does "xxx mountain" have alot of cattracks and run-outs where you will be skating and walking everywhere. Some mountains have none of this, others have what seems like a ton and can be very frustrating when you don't know the terrain at first.

Choose any world class resort on a real mountain with at least 3000' or 1000 meters of vertical, and you will be happy riding there the whole season by yourself as you progress.
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote