Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings or boots?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Wink

if you can afford diodes then you can probably afford boots and bindings... i have last years diodes, only issue for me has been some shredding of the anklestrap where it rubs on my lace loops, but i am only 150lbs. (Edit: just re-read the OP and saw the $200 budget - spend that or whatever to get good boots and then worry about bindings - although those missions are not responsive at all compared to stiffer freeride bindings...)

if you are 170+ i wouldn't get them.

boots are the most important and you're really gonna want to try them on in person. if this means waiting then that's what it means.

lots of bindings will work. you will want them on the stiffer side - expect to be looking at bindings in the $200 (msrp) range. nice thing is if you can find overstock of last years stuff you can usually get a deal on bindings - typically nothing significant changes on them from year to year. flux, k2, raiden, burton, and more make stuff that will work.

stay safe out there!

Last edited by ShredLife; 08-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote