Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Where do you buy your gear Online?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Vaporeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I support local snowboard reps and companies as much as possible, and always try to purchase locally if I can. Don't get me wrong the internet is great for many handy purchases that are just not reasonable to buy locally - every single thing in Best Buy, for example: you can get the upgraded version cheaper with free shipping from the internet, and shopping at Best Buy wont do your local economy any favors. Going to a shop actually supports riders and the very basis for the progression of the sport.

Also I like to break things and then take them back to the store with a great attitude, fingers crossed, but ready to spend more money(recipe for success, sympathy, stickers, swag, hidden discounts, etc). Returning shit on the internet is a pain in the dick.
Totally agree with you on returning items online, what a hassle. Only thing is traffic sucks in L.A. so I can't always drive to a good place

I meant more Amazon.com. You can sometimes get a good deal since they reduce the prices a bit.

Quote:
you can get the upgraded version cheaper with free shipping from the internet, and shopping at Best Buy wont do your local economy any favors. Going to a shop actually supports riders and the very basis for the progression of the sport.
This is pretty smart...thanks for the comment

Lol @ breaking things and returning them, I do that too !!
Vaporeon is offline   Reply With Quote