Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feedback on turning
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #31 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino View Post
Will get some photos later on Nito, the board is getting waxed and tuned atm from all the scratches and dint received from rocks lol

Skip11, normally in australia or new zealand

I found another video that is probably better to see how i turn with more acceleration. Perhaps anyone would be able to see any other bad habis that I've been doing?
To reiterate what others have said already: There is really not much wrong with your riding. There are some areas for improvement - slightly more athletic stance (i.e., bend more at ankles, keep, and hips), slightly more weight forward, slightly less open upper body (that seems to be the case only occasionally) - that will all help reduce/eliminate some of the slight ruddering, but nothing dramatic at all.

Also, I do not think the board is too short for you, but it may well be too wide. Close-up pictures would help, but from the video it kind of looks like there is not enough overhang... If that is the case, it will make it difficult for you to put sufficient pressure on the edge - which does seem to be an issue in both videos.

Last edited by hktrdr; 08-06-2012 at 01:26 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote