Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Revelstoke?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
161lip

Default Moving to Revelstoke?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, so please don't decry me for committing any forum taboos.

For the sake of brevity, what follows are my general questions, and below is additional information that may aid you in answering those general questions:

Firstly, from what I've read, Reve is icy, overcrowded, and deplete of any powder, which is perfect, because I love all of those things . Seriously though, I want powder, trees, and all that is natural: Is Reve the mountain (considering the mountain, nothing else) for me? If not, where is?

Secondly, if so, then, can someone give me a realistic estimate on the cost of living in Reve. How much I should expect to pay each month (rent, utilities, groceries, ect)?

Thirdly, where and when is the best way to secure a job for the year?

How much money should I save before I leave?

Those are the most important questions I have. If you care to answer any of the following, I would greatly appreciate it, also.

So, I will be graduating from the University of Colorado in December. I have been accepted to serve in Central/South America for the Peace Corps, beginning 06/13, after which I intend to join the Foreign Service. There's a nagging voice in my head, though, to spend one season devoted to snowboarding. I believe that, if I don't do this now (and thereby prolong beginning my service, or pursuing other career options), I'll never have such a great opportunity, where I am so free of any constraints (job, family, ect). From what I've read, there are many threads on this site discussing different snowboarding lifestyles, career employment, and conceptions of happiness. What's your thought on my situation, and how it relates to my Reve intentions?

I don't think I could secure a job, or a place, if I landed in Revelstoke, right after graduation, at the beginning of the New Year, 01/13- right?

If that's the case (which I think it is), then I'm planning on moving to Revelstoke sometime shortly after 2012-2013 season. Does that sound like a good idea? Will there be any employment opportunities in the summer?

I know, too many questions. Answer any you'd like. All feedback is awesome.

-161lip

Last edited by 161lip; 08-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.
161lip is offline   Reply With Quote