Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supporting local shops vs buying online.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
The key is not to get all bent out of shape because the won't come off their price by $20 to match an online store. Get over it and buy local, it works out for the better in the end. When my son is riding on his own and something happens to his gear, he can walk in to 3-4 different shops and they will help him fix it or give him a new one that I can settle up with later...... For a good deal. This rolls into summer sports now too like mountain biking and long boarding.....
Unforunately not everyone has this opportunity to "just suck it up and buy local", or the means to do so. Snowboarding can be an expensive hobby and if you overspend $20 on this, $10 on that, $50+ on that new deck a site just dropped the price on the extra cash will add up super quick! And that shop owner that is hooking you up because he likes you isn't going to hook up everyone that shops his place for everything. That's bad for his buisness if he does. Also if you break something and your local shop is a licensed dealer of that particular brand they will still usually help you out and I know that with first hand experiance.
Dont get me wrong, I'm all for trying to shop local if I can afford to do so and the pay difference isn't outrageous. It's no different than shopping at Walmart vrs a local store, or a Walgreens vrs a local drug store. Witch I would be willing to bet most of you do.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote