Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supporting local shops vs buying online.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
Unforunately not everyone has this opportunity to "just suck it up and buy local", or the means to do so. Snowboarding can be an expensive hobby and if you overspend $20 on this, $10 on that, $50+ on that new deck a site just dropped the price on the extra cash will add up super quick! And that shop owner that is hooking you up because he likes you isn't going to hook up everyone that shops his place for everything. That's bad for his buisness if he does. Also if you break something and your local shop is a licensed dealer of that particular brand they will still usually help you out and I know that with first hand experiance.
Dont get me wrong, I'm all for trying to shop local if I can afford to do so and the pay difference isn't outrageous. It's no different than shopping at Walmart vrs a local store, or a Walgreens vrs a local drug store. Witch I would be willing to bet most of you do.
Sorry but your argument is bullshit for the simple fact that this is a first world sport. If you can afford to do it at all, you can afford to support local business, period.

The long term benefits of shopping local not only support the sport and your community, but will add up to actual savings in your pocketbook through shipping, bro deals, insider trading, etc, everyone has already explained this to you in the thread.

Walmart is not niche adventure sport retail, comparing the two is silly at best.

Last edited by snowklinger; 08-08-2012 at 04:02 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote