Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supporting local shops vs buying online.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
You know why your local shop is a douche to you? Probably because you've never been there and they can tell you're "just browsing" is more of "just trying on to go home and buy on the Internet". Nothing worse than talking to someone for an hour or two figuring they're going to buy the stuff they're trying on, going through a whole boot fit because their feet are fucked up, and having them walk out the door to buy online. If you're going to do it at least be up front so they don't waste their time with you.
I definitely understand where you're coming from with this comment and largely you're correct, however in this situation you're dead wrong.

Boone Mountain Sports was the title sponsor of the Evergreen Winter Festival. The owner was a complete ass, tore down his display before the agreed upon time, then dipped out without paying his sponsorship fee. He was able to run a booth, selling merchandise AND got the publicity of being the title sponsor and did all that without paying a dime. Now, a lot of that blame falls on the event for not getting the money up front, but still, he shafted them and that's fucked up. I'll never spend a dime in that shop again.

I just don't like the owners of Hills and Rails. It's that simple. That's a personal thing. I've never walked in the place.

I definitely do my fair share of local shopping. Hell, I'm pretty sure that every pair of sunglasses and every pair of goggles aside from my Von Zipper Fishbowls that I've bought in the last ten years came from Sun Logic up in Breckenridge. That joint has better pricing than online dealers during the summer offseason.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 08-08-2012 at 02:07 PM.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote