Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supporting local shops vs buying online.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Plus, the only two shops in Evergreen have both pissed me off in the past and I'd probably go piss on the smoldering ashes if they both burned to the ground. I do like the guys down at Arvada Skate and Snow and consider them to be my "local" shop. I've bought several things from them in the past.

It also depends on my need. If I break something or need something ASAP, then I'm much more willing to pay a premium to have that item that day.
Yea my corner of suburbia here has chain shops, so I'm always torn on that one, at least there are locals working there - Christy Sports, Colorado Ski n Golf (k2 bindings last year), BC Sport (NS board, they had alot in stock)in the mall.

I had a pretty unpleasant experience with the shop in Bergen park, but I still bought a board/binding setup from them...I'm wondering if theres a better "local" shop I should frequent in the Dillon - Breck area.