Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Supporting local shops vs buying online.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Snowboarding is for the rich we're pricing ourselves out of existence. We've also created a culture of discounts that people expect and feel they're entitled to. Rather sad.

You know why your local shop is a douche to you? Probably because you've never been there and they can tell you're "just browsing" is more of "just trying on to go home and buy on the Internet". Nothing worse than talking to someone for an hour or two figuring they're going to buy the stuff they're trying on, going through a whole boot fit because their feet are fucked up, and having them walk out the door to buy online. If you're going to do it at least be up front so they don't waste their time with you.

Shopping on the Internet in the grand scheme of the local to global economy puts a huge dent in the local economy, I fully understand that not having a local shop you need to facilitate it and that's where Internet shopping comes in. Problem with that is The House, dogfunk, backcountry, etc. etc. are faceless shitholes. Evo, Eastern Boarder, Eternal actually are local shops. So if you are going to buy online at least buy from a shop that is local and does something for the economy.
When I buy, I like to buy from the small shops. I shop first at Emage ... which I think may be a chain? I think there are two or three of them. Evo is my second stop they have a great selection. I haven't bought from Wiredsport yet but I wouldn't hesitate as he's a fella in here.

Even if I don't have a local shop I can support someone elses
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote