Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Hot Dawgz & Hand Rails - Bear Mountain

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  SnowOwl 
#1 ·
So every year Bear Mountain here in Cali has an event called Hot Dawgz & Hand Rails. It's a rail event/competition with food and vendors everywhere. Bear mountain even sells discounted season passes there. Anyone ever go? I haven't been yet, so I was wondering if it's worth going to or not

#2 ·
Never heard of it, but I've never been to Bear or Cali either.

Are you able to ride there @ all, anywhere?
Or do you have be just a spectator?

I wouldn't care what it's called or where it was, if I could ride there, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Even if your not allowed to ride, I would bring my board anyway.

Rules are meant to be broken.

Go.

TT

#3 ·
Are you able to ride there @ all, anywhere?
Or do you have be just a spectator?

I wouldn't care what it's called or where it was, if I could ride there, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Even if your not allowed to ride, I would bring my board anyway.
No snow up here during summer, it's no Mt.Hood (I wish). I'm guessing it's going to be a crap ton of man made snow cuz its been nothin but HOT here. Eh, anything snowboard related sounds worth going to after being deprived all summer.

#5 ·
Yeah pretty much a rad party with locals hitting some intense rails and gap set ups on man made snow They should have a video on there site from the last HDHR. If you have every been to a skate demo its pretty similar. The guys riding have to qualify in a rail competitions before the season ends, No major pro's just regular bear mountain riders. Count on a fight or 2 as locals show up drunk/stoned. Last year this fat chick beat up some other "gnargoyle", security didnt do anything (good entertainment). good times for sure @ HDHR

#12 ·
looks like i definitely gotta go then haha. I already got my season pass in May during the end of last season, anyone know if its much cheaper at HDHR? Plus, free stickers!?! always worth it.

#15 ·
I might go although I usually work weekends.

I have yet to ride bear mountain but I'll be there this season. Do they sell the dual mountain pass at this event or is it just 1 mountain or the other passes?
They will for sure be selling the dual mountain pass. Anyone know if you can upgrade a season pass you already bought? I got a Bear Mountain only pass, but I wana get a Dual pass

#16 ·
HDHR is decent for some of the major vendors that come out. If you want local vendors then you may want to go to Del Mar Snowjam. I was talking to one of the guys today and at Snowjam is where they are really trying to get rid of all of last years gear to make room for the new inventory.

HDHR is good for seeing what is coming out in person, booze, smooze, and be entertained. Not exactly a huge event based on what time of year it is for the region, hence why they bring in the 18-Wheelers full of ice blocks for fodder, but all-in-all I would say if you are in the area and need the discounted season pass. Go.

#18 ·
The set up this year looks sick as fuck. I most definitely plan on hurting myself one way or another on that insane garage set up. "Hell Yeah. Until Opening Day, We Dream of Dropping In"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.