Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toughmudder!!
Thread: Toughmudder!!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
snowvols
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
Just gonna say it, but have you ever actually done one? I mean shit it's 10 miles...while you're soaked and dirty and doing tons of other physical obstacles, like you said monkey bars or crawling over a wall e.c.t. Go out and run 10 miles right now, after rolling around in a muddy creek, then add all of that shit to your run. I haven't done one...but it certainly doesn't look easy. It would be fun for sure though.
Yes! I completely agree. These types of events are great for the running community as a whole since it gets people active. You are also correct in that not each obstacle is easy. The quarter pipe is pretty challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline6 View Post
from a fitness stand point I think its a pretty cool course to test your fitness level but thats all it is. Personally I wouldnt have a problem completeing the course ahead of most people. I train ppl for a living at a gym part time and its required I do allot of stupid shit simply put.

Just dont tell me it was intese and that your hardcore because you climbed monkey bars and rope. Like I said I get the feeling the next story is going to be "I had to strap into this harness and risked my life falling down a ZIPLINE!"
There you go again about how much more fit you are than everyone else. How do you know you will finish ahead of most people? You only run a couple miles at a time. The course is much longer than a couple miles......