Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Made a couple new toys today
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Well I tried it down one hill, the only one close to me. It's not that steep but it was wicked.

I never skateboarded as a kid, I only just started longboarding 2 years ago.
So I can't ollie a normal skateboard, never owned one.

I've tried before & can do the motion but never actually land on the board, so there is no way I would ever attempt to ollie up a curb. I'd eat shit 100%, no doubt in my mind.

I also can't do 180% slides & end up riding switch. I can do a Coleman to a stop.
That's the highlight of my repertoire. So all I can do is, go fast, carve & stop.

Down this little dinky hill tonight I was able to jump on & off curbs parallel to me while going down it, as well as 180's.

I was going pretty slow & I'm sure if I had recorded it, I would laugh with ya, but for me, I can't do that on a regular longboard or skateboard.

So It was magical, all of the sudden I could do jumps up & down any curb, instantly snowboarding took over. I found myself scoping out the best line tryin' to maximize my ride, basically do all the basic shit I always wished I could.

So I'm off to find a bigger hill then maybe the skate park, I've only been there once & never skated so not sure if it has lights or not?

Ya, ya, I'll bring my camera, Don't plan on killing myself though.
I might wipe out once or twice, but I don't plan on doin' that either. It sucks.

It has a bowl sorta thing there, in my head I can see myself being able to pump it & maybe get above the lip.
Maybe, or close to the lip. I don't know, seems a bit much, but that's my goal.

Predictions? What do ya think, never skateboarded, can't ollie.

Fire away, this should be good.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0272.jpg (35.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0274.jpg (36.8 KB, 74 views)

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote