Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding advice.....
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFlinstone View Post
Try Flux's SF45 with the Westmark. The response with these will match the board. This is Scotty Vine's setup.
If you're strapped for cash, there's no reason for you to switch out. I've never ridden a westmark, but I ran Cartels on a joystick and a hero for a bit and didn't really have a problem.

If you wanna try something that feels different though, I think the contact pros are a really rad binding to have in the "quiver". They seem to be just as at home on a softer board as on a stiffer board. Cool lateral flex to stay locked in presses, but responsive straight back (don't let the shape of the highback fool you.).

Also I was working on grabs last year and had an easier time with them maybe because of the shape of the highback. I know it's more rider than the equipment, but it seemed to help.

Edit: The contact pros are also carbon injected, and have different durometers of EVA so they'll probably be a little more responsive than the PBR bindings, which I believe are contacts with a team highback. I'd lean that way if you were set on buying one of the two.

Last edited by phony_stark; 08-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote