Well, Burton has just updated their website with the info for the 2013 gear, so we got the answers:
- Non-restricted bindings still have symmetrical straps - old Superstrap for the Missions and React Strap on the Cartels (also still on the Diode and Genesis). Exception are the Malavitas which have new Asym React Strap both on the restricted and non-restricted models.
- Restricted bindings all have various forms of asym straps - Asym Lushstrap on the Customs, Asym Superstrap on the Missions (same as Restricted Missions and Restricted Cartels last year), and a new Asym React Strap on the Cartels and Malavitas.
Couple of observations:
- Seems Burton has decided that the gap between the (restricted) Missions and Cartels had gotten a bit narrow - not all the tech from last year's Cartels got handed down to the Missions this year, so now there are quite a few differences (different ankle strap, canted footbed, B3 Gel, Under-Baseplate EVA). Flex on the Restricted Missions also went back down to 6.
- Restricted Cartel is really positioned as the premium binding in the line-up again, getting some technology (new Asym React Strap) that even the Diode and Genesis do not have.
- Pretty much the entire non-EST line-up is Re:Flex now - only the Customs and the entry-level Freestyle bindings are left as non-Re:Flex Disc bindings.
this colorway in reflex cartels, I'll take em
It is, but only for the regular/non-restricted Re:Flex Cartel
There is still an additional color option for the Restricted line this year (not only black) - but IMHO they are all hideous.
Last edited by hktrdr; 10-31-2012 at 12:57 AM.