Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding advice.....
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
61ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
If you're strapped for cash, there's no reason for you to switch out. I've never ridden a westmark, but I ran Cartels on a joystick and a hero for a bit and didn't really have a problem.

If you wanna try something that feels different though, I think the contact pros are a really rad binding to have in the "quiver". They seem to be just as at home on a softer board as on a stiffer board. Cool lateral flex to stay locked in presses, but responsive straight back (don't let the shape of the highback fool you.).

Also I was working on grabs last year and had an easier time with them maybe because of the shape of the highback. I know it's more rider than the equipment, but it seemed to help.

Edit: The contact pros are also carbon injected, and have different durometers of EVA so they'll probably be a little more responsive than the PBR bindings, which I believe are contacts with a team highback. I'd lean that way if you were set on buying one of the two.
Thanks for the review and info!!
61ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote