Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anything as comfy as the discontinued Burton P1's???
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
In all honesty, do you peddle anything other than Union now? Those are by far the best Unions but the toe strap is STILL hit or miss and ratchets still suck.
I've gotten rid of my Cartel's, Flux TT, Drake DTM's and Technine Pro's all to be replaced by Union. I still have my first pair of Force (6 seasons old) on my backyard board and I've only had to replace my toe ratchets, which Union covered. They're beat but they'rs still solid.

Now I'm on the SL's, New Forces, and the Atlas. Ratchets are way upgraded on these models, asym straps are super plush (force straps are still more responsive) and the new wide split toe strap locks into both pairs of my boots, (Celsius Cirrus capped toe, and Vans Wiig box toe).

If anyone really hate's Union (just because they're anti union turds) I'd suggest a few of Burton's models (the Malavita, Cartel, Cobrasharks), The DTM's were really impressive-responsive, smooth ratchets, comfy straps. And would tell everyone to stay away from Technine, and maybe even to pass on flux (I found them rigid, clunky, and the ankle straps have this wierd loose feel).

People want real feedback, not anti brand propaganda.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote