Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Not impressed with Whistler/Blackcomb
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Ok after several months, I have had more time to really think about this and here is what I have to say about Whistler. And I want people to understand it not just about the conditions, it is about the total experience.

My trip was not as enjoyable because:
1- The hotel. Supposed to be a 4 1/2 start resort but could barely pass for a 3 star. Also they were not very accommodating.
2- The price. It cost a small fortune for a 5 day trip. Totally not worth it. I purchased everything at a discounted rate so I got it at the cheapest price possible.
3- Conditions. Icey at some parts, overcrowded (even though we went during the weekdays), snow was shitty and visibility was poor.
4- People (not the staff but the skiers) there sucked. I've never met more arrogant and rude people in my life. Worse than the NYC Subway. I thought Canadians were easy going and nice people but I was wrong. Canadian Skiers are the biggest pricks I've ever met.
5- Distance. It took an entire day just to get there. Just not worth it.

All in all, Whistler is more like a Disney world rather than a ski resort. Yeah, its huge and you get 2 mountains to chose from but if they were busy on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday then I don't even want to know what it would be like on the weekend.

I would never go back to Whistler. I experienced the hype that it was. With the amount of money I spent on this trip I could have gone to Antigua for a week followed by a week at Utah or Tahoe. If you live in the Northwest I suggest that you go for it, but if you live anywhere else save your money and go somewhere else.
Holy crap. Someone shut down this thread please.

Yes yes, people have a bad time at Whis. We know... and people will continue to go there.

Oh and deeken, you probably didn't encounter many Canadians. Not sure they have them up there any more
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote