Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Made a couple new toys today
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

You asked. All that matters is if your having fun right?

I used to skate alot, and I wasn't remotely good to be sponsored, but I skated a fucking shitton for 15 years. I'm proud to say I did some pretty badass shit back then, but its been over a decade since I quit.

The last few years I split time between urban destruction, parks, and some serious downhilling (not like the luge 70 mph dudes, but still some cool shit).

Instead of bragging about anything I could do, I'll admit what I couldnt:

-couldn't do flips and verial tricks, just ollies and cabs. Every once in awhile I would pull off a pressure flip through complete luck

-I never spent any time above the lip on a vert ramp, wanted to but just never got into it...

I've never been as good as anyone who IS good at the sports I love, however I have been able to get just good enough to enjoy the speed and the enjoyment of the tri-sport (surf skate snow) stance. Surfing has been my number one love for over 20 years, and I don't get to do it very much or very well, but if theres 8-12 foot surf when I come to visit you better believe I go paddle out.

Common don't be mad at me cuz I like it when you fall down, that's what buddies do.

I had a vid of me hitting a very small kicker snowboarding but my buddy who took it is tech stupid and it got lost. Not only is it unimpressive but nothing bad happened either.

The pic in my avatar is from the preschool park if that makes you feel better.