Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Almost hit a bear last night.

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  irrballsac 
#1 ·
Last night me & a buddy went to poach some blueberry's in the million acres of blueberry fields close to me. On the way back all of the sudden there was a black blur in front of my truck, I hammered on the brakes & just missed him.

I was doing about 70km/h, luckily he was running in the same direction as I was going. He veered slightly to the left as I skidded right up beside him, he never broke stride & for about ten seconds I drove right beside him. He was so close I could've hopped on & rode him home.

I've seen as many as 10 bears down there in one night, I used to have a big spotlight & when I would shine it into the fields you should see all the eyes that light up.

I always park & smoke a big bomber before I go in, while I do you can hear them vacating the premises.

TT

#11 ·
I live in Maple Ridge, about an hour East of Vancouver.
The blueberry's are right by Pitt lake.
Pitt Lake & the valley behind it, goes all the way to the backside of Whistler.
From the north end of Pitt Lake, you can hike along logging roads & get to Whistler, but there is no way to get a vehicle back there.

There is a hot spring back there that someone has turned into a couple of hot tubs. They used forms and concreted 2 pools, One drains into the next one.
The first one you could cook in, the second one is usually perfect but there is also a glacier fed river right there so if you start to cook yourself or you need to add cold water to the tubs you can.

There is a pics of the hot tub here Pitt Lake Hotsprings

I'm sure every bear in that roughly 40km long valley makes the trek for these blueberry's, they are the size of a quarter & they taste incredible.
I feed them to my neighbors dog, she'll keep eating them until I stop feeding her & my cat is dead now but he would eat them as well.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-...e&gl=ca&ei=kZQuUPU8xuWLAqrMgdAM&ved=0CMABELYD

I would love to hit a cow, there just isn't that many wild Rockey mountain cows running around. I'd be havin' steak tonight.

TT

#26 ·
There is quite a few bear around Western New York too. People in Buffalo have started hitting them too.

Deer on the other hand. Those fuckers are everywhere. You can't go a year without hitting one around here. My neighbor died hitting one. Jumped and went through the windshield. Kicked him to death and jumped out the back window.

#27 ·
Now granted, he actually hit 4 of the fuckers, but here is story out of central Oregon where the semi hit just 1 cow:

Semi hauling beef hits cow, catches fire | Local & Regional News | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR

In both cases, the impact with a cow so damaged the front suspension, that the rigs lost all steering control. The tanker flipped and the other semi veered into oncoming traffic. If a cow will cause that much damage to the front suspension of a semi, your pick em truck is toast.
On that second story, the semi that hit the cow, was transporting frozen beef????

Doesn't get more fucking poetic than that eh? Freedom Fighter Cow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.