Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Worth adding Evo as my second board?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kapn.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipsideJohn View Post
Hey all. I'm getting a pass to bear mountain this year and was wondering if I should get a board more suited to that type of riding. I currently have a 2010/2011 ns sl 158 for freedriding. I weigh 145 currently and this is a fairly big board for a guy my size.
I was wondering if I should pick up an evo for park riding since thats pretty much all bear has to offer. I've taken the sl in the park a few times and it performs well, but i feel like a dedicated park board will be best. opinions?
-thanks
edit: Ill be using my rome 390 bosses with this board
The width at your bindings is considerably wider than the waist. People sweat overhang way too much, as well. If you're worried about your yacht size feet, get the revolver(a wide evo). Wides will be slower edge to edge. I've been riding a wide(legacy) for 4 years and decided this last time that I want a standard width(just ordered a 160 proto CT). The evo is much softer in the right places. You could go big on an evo or jib an SL. Get a 152 evo/revolver. A 154 is going to have near the effective edge of your 158 so other than the flex, it won't ride a whole lot different. You can throw around the smaller board a lot easier which is what I would want for a park board.