Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Worth adding Evo as my second board?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
If I was gonna sell the SL, I wouldn't go Evo, I'd go Proto.

IMO, the Proto pretty much makes the SL obsolete. I'm not sure why anyone would go SL > Proto if buying new. NS is wise to keep it around as it's been their most popular board, but from an objective standpoint, there's really no reason to pick it over the Proto.

IMO, the NS portfolio is starting to get pretty crowded. If I was a one board guy, for the way I primarily ride, I'd be struggling to choose between the Proto, Cobra, and Heritage. I could make a strong argument for all of them, but I'd probably end up going Cobra. Not sure what the hell that had to do with this thread. Sorry for rambling.
It is getting crowded in the NS lineup but that ain't such a bad thing. But it can get confusing sometimes when I look at other lineups (LiB/Gnu, Rome, k2 etc.).

The reasons to go for the SL over the Proto in my opinion (Haven't ridden the proto) is mainly due to the dampening. Someone more inclined to just free ride and pow would probably be better off than on the Proto. Some people never ever ever ride switch

That said my quiver is set for the year. 150 westmark and 153 cobra.

Fucking snow already.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote