Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stick with my old bindings? (Ride EX vs. xxx?)
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangsters View Post
I've been riding a pair of Ride EX bindings for the last two seasons and haven't really had any major complaints about them -- the ratchet straps can be a bit of a pain -- and the loosening screws, well, I took care of that with some loctite.

At the end of last season I made the mistake of demo-ing a Never Summer Proto CT. So yesterday I jumped in and ordered one for the coming season (entire chain is only getting one!?)

And now I am wondering if new bindings are necessary.

I ride groomers, sometimes duck into really well spaced out trees and am just beginning to try small jumps off of natural features.

I like the EXs -- I know that I don't like the old Ride SPIs. Beyond that, for me it is guess work and this forum.

The Raiden Phantoms (which I can find for $169) seem amazing. And a number of posters have said good things about the Flux DMCC Lights.

Thoughts?
Those are both superb options if you want something new. The Flux's are stupid light and the Raidens Airbag dampening is unparalleled.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote