Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Identification for drinking in the states.
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
mixie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by jarmonk View Post
Okay so I'm going to the states next year, I'll be a couple of months off 21 fml... I can get a good quality fake Australian proof of age card and I was wondering if that would get me into clubs/bars, and/or for getting served at liquor stores. I know some places might only take passports.

I'm going to San Diego, LA, San Francisco and then New York after a month of boarding in Canada for anyone who is interested.

Basically I'm asking how successful I'll be with only a proof of age card before committing to buying one.

LA? need a tour guide? I would love to host a cute boy with an accent. PM pix plz.....

and seriously? Just stay out of touristy areas like hollywood/highland and Universal City Walk. Well lit fancy sports bars with lots of big tvs might also be issue.

If you stick to dive bars and clubs and you will be just fine. And we're WAY more uptight about drinking and driving then we are about weed.
mixie is offline  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome