Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Adding to the Quiver or Replacing Existing
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
Okay, so I'm in a situation.. Not really! I ride a NS Evo and I also have and SL. Really liking what I'm seeing with the Proto and want to pick one up. If I add it to what I already have, it is similar to the Evo. The SL I don't take advantage of the setback and ride equal stance front to back. I'm really looking for opinions. I'm looking at replacing one of the 2 boards I have with an Evo and selling one of the existing. If I go that route, which, in your opinion would you get rid of? Also been looking at a rebuild year and picking up a Proto and getting a second board completely out of the NS line. I ride in a mix of conditions, been working on getting more into the park, but like to rip down the mountain too. So whats your opinions on the situation?

1. Keep boards and add the Proto?
2. Replace one of the boards I have with the Proto? If replace, which one?
3. Rebuild and get the proto and find something outside the NS line?
In my thinking if you have an SL and an Evo, you don't need a Proto at all. By the same token, if you have a Proto, you don't really need an Evo and SL.

Seems you obviously want a Proto no matter what. I'd get rid of the SL. I'm adding an Evo this year and rode Proto last year.

They are all pretty close on the spectrum these boards.