Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Adding to the Quiver or Replacing Existing
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
That was the other part.. They are definitely close.. You are keeping your Proto I'm assuming??
Yeah, I do love it, but when the snow is shitty I'd rather go slower and play around more, for me the Proto is too much board for this because I am limited by ability among other things . When the snow is crap I head to the park or like to fool around on the groomers and in trees, and the Proto, as a park board is for like 60 footers...I can get away with the Evo on the mid-size line that I hit.

Like I say I will use the Proto when the snow is good because that opens up serious terrain and I do like going fast and steep. Never ridden anything close to a Raptor, but I feel like I could take my Proto anywhere as if it were one (it just wont do Pow like a tapered big mountain deck, but its pretty fucken badass in pow for what it is). Thing is, you could use your SL for this situation, and evo in the previous, but that would be if you were me, wink.

FWIW I weigh 175lbs and have a '54 proto, the evo will also be a '54.

Last edited by snowklinger; 08-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote