Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - College..
Thread: College..
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

My synopsis of your choices:

The pointbreak at UCSB is my home spot, learned to surf there in highschool as a Goleta boy. Its an amazing location for school.

I chose to enjoy everything at college, and studies were on equal footing with girls, partying and surfing, skating and snowboarding (although I didnt get to ride much back then, I DID see Malcom Jamal Warner at Mountain High in like 1996 haha).

So if extra curricular activities are a concern, Wisconsin would be a terrible choice. (unless you just love that Midwest outdoors - humid hot or humid cold)

I would rule out UCSD because of the population density of the entire region, UCSB gets you just outside of it.

I would rule out UCBoulder because of the wealthy hippies and stinky trustafarians and healthy beggars and cuz I hate Boulder.

Oregon and Washington would be cool with lots of mountain access, it rains alot there.

Arizona will be hot and great for golfing.

Drunk college girls are everywhere, even at mountain town city colleges

FWIW becoming a teacher is about as good of a job as any other in the service industry like restaurant and hotel work. The country is in the process of royally screwing the education sector even worse than it already was because of the economic crisis begun in '08. Because nobody important stands up for it, politicians on both sides of the party lines take chunks out of education, and they do this on the local level all the way to Washington DC. Most of us know that education is important, but where is it on the radar of election discussion? IMO it is the most important thing, and yet I digress...all 3 of my siblings are teachers....GL..

Last edited by snowklinger; 08-22-2012 at 01:26 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote