Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new shop - need your help
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

From what I've seen in your posts so far, you need to hire someone who knows certain things or educate yourself on these two things yourself:

1) Social media reputation and customer service.

You cannot get angry and start arguments with potential customers, even if they started it first. This is the internet and everything you say can and will be used to judge you and your brand and what you say stays on the internet forever.

If you want to know how to do it right, there's a book I recommend reading called 'The Thank You Economy'.

By the way, if you want people to help, the best idea is to help first and ask for help after building a relationship and contributing to the community. Posting a survey as your first post and not even making it easy to click the link is like being a 16 year old guy trying to close on the first date.

2) It's not 'if' but rather 'how' you'll need to use the internet in your shop's day to day business.

I know you want to save brick and mortar shops and all that, but your brick and mortar shop will fail if you don't get have an excellent online presence.

Everything is shifting to the internet and even if you have a physical shopfront, you better have an excellent online strategy as well if you want to stay in business.