Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #912 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim Mak 1470 View Post
Oh, right. Their new "eco-boost" engine. That thing is pretty rad
Snowklinger: My ideal combo as far as vehicles go is: F-150 and a motorcycle. Motorcycle will be my awesome, fun MPG ride and the truck will be used for trips to the desert, mx track when I get a dirtbike, mountains, trips to home depot, etc. The moto I want should be $8,000 out the door or I could go with a 250cc sport bike and it'll be around $5,000 out the door for a 70-something mpg ride. For me, I'm going with the smallest engine for the truck since I'm not going to be hauling/carrying a shit-ton for work or anything. A 4x4 2.7L, 4-speed auto is 18/21 and a 4x4 F-150 with 3.7L engine(6-speed auto) is 16/21.
Having owned a lot of boosted cars, they may claim that they offer better mileage, but in truth boost is so addictive you'll be playing with the throttle all the time and drinking the gas.

Oh yeah and on the bike end of things, I owned a Yamaha FZ6 and an R1, and after selling them I borrowed a friends brand new Ninja 250 for a group ride. That thing was a blast! However, I'd feel more comfortable on something a little bigger. Maybe a used Ninja 500 or something. My FZ6 ran a 12.0 second flat 1/4 mile with me driving, and got great mileage.

If I were buying a bike again today, I'd think long and hard about an FZ8 Fazer8 or whatever they're calling it.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote