Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #92 (permalink)
alaric
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
damn man that sucks. hate to hear that.

i rock a helmet because i'm scared of shit like this. i don't give a fuck what i look like on the mountain, i just want to come down in one piece
I wish more people had that train of thought, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Man Alaric, every time I read about your crash it makes me cringe. I don't think I realized that you can't snowboard anymore? Doctor's orders, or are you just done with it?
It makes me cringe too hahah.
I was out of it per doctors orders for a year. Wasn't allowed to do a whole lot because of the risk of injury to my kidneys and the severity of the TBI. For a couple months I had blackouts randomly. Fortunately those are gone. Honestly, I'm lucky I don't have permanent brain damage from it.

After being forced out for a year, the day I was allowed to go back and hit the mountain, I did. I got to the chairlift, looked up and just couldn't get on. Years later, I'd love to go back and hit the mountain, but now it's a matter of time. I'm a busy guy. And yes, I'm still nervous to even strap on a board.

I can run into a building that is on fire without hesitation, however it scares to me snowboard again. Crazy how life works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I didn't mean to open up a can of worms but I'm glad you posted. Thanks!
No worries man, it needs to be shared. If I get one person to wear a helmet then I'll look at that as as success.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote