Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #939 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I am having a real struggle with this debate as well.

1. my '99 Civic SI performs extremely well in snow, has relatively low miles, is EXTREMELY rare (try to buy one), and has lost very little value over time. It's only caveat, why I'm looking at a truck is I need trailworthiness for trailhead access.

If you are looking for trail worthiness in a truck, a 1st or 2nd gen taco are really your best bet. No other pick up can match the all around level of off road prowess the taco has.

2. I drive 30 miles each way to work everyday, and further than that on my days off, so the mileage adds up quick.
Keep the civic for DD, and get a truck to play with. Mpg in any truck will suck ass and destroy the wallet
3. Does the slight advantage in the toyo mpg worth it for all these miles over an f-150? I do like the f-150 alot. What about a 4cyl toyo? Do they even have that in 4wd?

Yes, they do have a 4wd 4cyl taco. However if you want a locking rear diff (must have for off roading and best factory feature of the tacoma) you have to get the v6 for the off road package (both in 1st and 2nd gen). As far as 4 banger taco vs v6 taco, the mpg will end up being the same because the 4 cyl has to work harder to move the truck. Driving habits and how heavily you mod it will be the biggest factor in mpg.

As far as taco vs f-150 it depends on what your uses and budget is. If you don't need to haul anything over 6500 the 2nd gen v6 will suit your needs perfectly and get the same or better mpg and will be a better off roader and more reliable truck.
4. Should I crush my truck dreams because of all these miles, drive my SI into the ground and just get another lil 2wd wonder with snowtires - fuck I'd go hybrid?

decisions...
reply in quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote