Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Recording Yourself for Critiques
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
inpajamas

Default Recording Yourself for Critiques

Hey All,

It's still only August but I'm already thinking about getting my ish together so that I can be prepared for this upcoming season. A little bit about myself before I start with my questions: I ride mostly on the east coast, started 2 seasons ago (going into my 3rd) and have about 20 days of riding under my belt. I've been out to Vail and Breck over the past two years and have made it an annual thing to hit up the west coast for riding, so that type of all mountain terrain is what I'm trying to develop my skills for. I'd really like to succesfully ride down a mogul runs and tree runs this year if I can. But I'm also very aware that I could have really basic things I need to improve on so if you guys all come back and tell me I'm not ready for tough runs, I at least know where I stand.

So basically my question is, how should I go about recording myself while I ride so that helplful people such as yourselves are able to critique me better? I'm wondering things like:

1) What kind of camera do most people use (gopro?)

2) Should I have someone else record me while I ride? Or use that stick thing that people look like they're holding to record themselves? (what is that by the way)

3) Is it more beneficial to provide videos of me just riding easier runs so you can criticize really basic stuff, or is a wide variety of slopes better?

4) What view is the best angle for people critiquing? Full body from behind? From the side?

I'm really looking to make significant improvements this year and will probably take a lesson or two, but I'm not rich and this forum is easily the best place for constructive criticizm so I thought investing in a camera/making videos would be worth it.

Thanks! Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

inpajamas
inpajamas is offline   Reply With Quote