Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arbor coda & westmark???
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Coda and Westmark are interchangeable only difference the set back on the Coda.
I think you mean the directional-ness of the flex right? Because there is no set back on the Coda.

Rode the Coda last year and it was super fun, probably my best board yet. Went with the Westmark this year due to my small feets and I wanted a smaller board 150cm. On the coda I was able to control it like crazy and while my boots had a bit of overhang, standing barefoot I was just short of the edge ducked 15/15.

So I'm curious to know how much quicker edge to edge it will be on the westie 150.

To reinforce Wired's point, the 150 westie has the same effective length as the 53 Coda.

As for durability. I think it's fine. It won't look as pretty, especially at the bottom/base, but it'll ride.

Note that the Westie and Blackmark have gone to the extruded base for the year, which I hear holds up better to abuse than their sintered base. I got the '12 westie with the sintered base so I'm expecting it to look like a cheese grater after just a few runs. Whatever how often do you go balls out on these boards anyway.

I'll have a Cobra for that
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote