Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Silverton?
Thread: Silverton?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

I haven't ridden at the ski area but in the backcountry on Red Mountain Pass. Silverton is a sweet town for sure. The mountains are quite different than around here. Very steep relief. Definitely a Wild West feeling to the town of Silverton. Pride of the West was great little bar, but I don't think it's been re built since it burnt down. One week after I left. Montanya Distillers is worth a visit. They moved their operations to Crested Butte, but I believe they left the tasting room in Silverton. Best rum drinks you'll probably ever have. Place is amazing. Of course it could be gone too. There are another 4-5 spots in town to check out. It's small, so walk around. The hotel there is the cheapest lodging. Other alternatives for places to stay is Ouray. Depending on the time of winter, you can get pretty good lodging deals there. There are also good restaurants in that town. The only real drawback is that you have to do the whole Red Mountain Pass drive. Which imo, limiting that increases your life expectancy by 5-10%...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote