Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Potentially headed to Telluride this winter
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kurver

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Dude, if you can go to Telluride and get 6 nights lodging and 4 lift tickets for $400, fucking GO.

Absolutely beautiful area. I've never ridden there, but it's one of my favorite spots in CO overall.

Check and see if the room has a kitchenette or at least a fridge and microwave. Even if you're just dealing with a fridge and microwave, you can eat cheap by hitting up a grocery store - just don't wait until you get to T-ride to do it. Not sure where you'd be flying into or driving from, but hit up a store in Montrose or somewhere like that and it'll be a helluva lot cheaper than anything in T-ride.

Eat a big breakfast before leaving the room, pack granola bars, trail mix and the like to hold you over on the mountain, then maybe plan on eating out a couple of times for dinner.
We're flying into Denver and taking a bus all the way there. I tried to convince people to pay a little more and fly into Montrose but they already had the bus arranged. Anyway, I don't know if we'll be allowed to stop in Montrose to stock up for the week or not.
Glad to hear you like it though. I've only ridden out west twice, and only at the more well-known resorts in Summit County, so I can't wait to get out there and be completely surrounded by mountains and take a break from everyday life.
Kurver is offline   Reply With Quote