Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
2009 the 10th, don't think they wanted to, but it snowed 6 feet the week before & there was a shit load of people already up there.
2010 the 16th
2011 the 10th I think cause Cypress did?

But I'm pretty sure they always plan to open on the 16 of Dec.
They usually have enough snow, way more than Cypress when it opened & could probably open sooner.
It seems like they open when they get their shit somewhat together, cause it's the biggest gong show out of any mtn I've ever been to.
They could make that place wicked if they fired everyone in management, I swear the upper level knows less than the peons & are simply there to ride for free.

Just go to their website, it's crap. With next to no info & never gets updated.
But I will say, they are the only local hill, that I go to, that has web cams so you can actually tell what the weather is like.
It seems like all (Cypress) the other ones just lie to get you up there.

I thought they were getting a new lift as well, I coulda swore I posted a link to it before, maybe I'll try & find it.
You never know they might be, but you'd think they would post it up somewhere so people knew?

Maybe all that bullshit keeps the people away? That & the road.(which I love, & should be turned into a rally race)

If anyone plans to go up there, hit me up.
I know that mtn inside & out & there is some incredible out of bounds lines there.

TT
For real, Hemlock is sick and that road is awesome

Can 2nd the shit-show comment. Last time I was there there they shut down half the hill because they had no power (?). Still, fun as all hell and pow lines til the arvo

Donutz: YES, get your passport and go to Baker
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote