Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does UPS do this to everyone?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Ok I'm gonna chime in don't flame me.
I've been a driver for UPS for 23 years. Depending on the route/area each driver handles on average 600 pkgs a day delivery/pick-up.

Most of us have very good people skills and are willing to have a person inspect a package if they ask. If it is a residence we make our best judgment to see if the box "only" is damaged. If I can "clean" up the box I will. My rule is if your item is fine and your aren't home I write on the box "item inspected OK" time permitting, again.

UPS rules have us knock or ring and run. This is to help keep our costs down and YES they are increasing our production drastically. More work in less time, just like every other company out there, run lean.
Signatures are only required in certain situations. Again to keep costs down.
We are also supposed to place your package out of sight out of weather to ensure no theft or damage from weather.

Just like every company we have some very bad employees. Lack of concern, poor communication skills, tempers, drinking issues, you name it I've seen it come/go. Again MOST of us still take pride in our work and take care of our customers.

Hope this helps clarify some issues.