Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feedback on turning
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
kino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Hi Kino,

Sorry for making the wrong assumption and not writing more clearly. I wasn't sure how to reply with a foot in my mouth. So I wrote the following using technical bullets; it doesn't flow as well and it sounds like lecturing.

1) I'm not suggesting you need a wider board; that statement was used as a qualifier to explain why you are using a men's board.

2) Men's boards are stiffer than comparable women's boards; see Never Summer catalog and make comparison between men's and women's version of SL or Evo.

3) Follow Snowolf's advice.

4) In a couple of years, when you have either packed out your boots or out grown your boots; follow Wired's advice about a new boot purchase. I've known many people that bought the wrong boot, myself included. I am not suggesting you have the wrong size boot; rather that boot fit is critical in your situation. You need the smallest boot that will fit comfortably on your feet.

My apologies again Nito
1. Gotcha
2. Will do.
3. Will definitely do! Going up to Mt. Hotham next weekend so hopefully I can apply the advices that the others have given me here.
4. I originally had a Salomon F22 which has one of the smallest footprint i think. I bought the kaiju because i find with the f22, is that it's too thin. I was finding my toes freezing off after a few hours of riding. Once the kaiju packs out, i will definitely look for other boots that has a smaller footprint so that it can comfortably fit a women's board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
The videos all say private....
fixed!
kino is offline   Reply With Quote