Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ESPN cancels SBX/Skier X
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Stunt ditch doesn't drive shit if you look at the boards that are on the market very few are BX or HP oriented it's more slopestyle or all mountain freestyle. Also with Supernatural we're seeing more things going that way and more mainstream attention to that. Deeper did more to sell splitboards to the mainstream than anything else. There's a critical shift in how snowboarding is being marketed and it's honestly writing a few things that have sucked.

SBX did nothing to get people to want to snowboard all it did was make idiots that didn't know how to ride just go straight and hope they didn't wash out or hit someone.
In terms of boards, sure. I was talking more about mainstream appeal beyond just the snowboarding community. I don't think those people realize you can ride a snowboard outside of a halfpipe.