Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on an all mountain board
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chance42
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Looking for advice on an all mountain board

So I currently have a 10-11 NS SL in a 158. Great board, but looking to change it up and try something new. I'm 5'9 200 lbs(target weight by the season start is 185) and wear a 8.5 boot. I've got a pair of 10-11 Burton Rulers and 10-11 32 Ultra Lights.

The SL was my first board, I only get to ride 5-10 days a year normally, so I would rent in the past. I finally said fuck these abused rentals and got my own setup. I'm looking to try and get up to maybe 20 days a year if I can get away long enough.

History, started on skis at the age of 3 (again only 5 days or so a year) had no problem riding advanced terrain at the age of 6 and by 10 was able to hit anything in bounds for the most part. Switched to a board at 12 and development was slower there. I'm 28 now (didn't ride for 9 years) and I ride mainly groomers blues with some single blacks(I know that varies resort to resort, but yea). I like to go between the trees and do some mild off piste stuff (no huge kickers or anything) just playing in the pow with some smaller jumps.

So on to the board dilemma. I'm looking at a NS Cobra 158, Lib Tech TRS 159, Gnu Billy Goat 159. Those are the top 3, the billy goat was really attractive with the slightly narrower waist with my 8.5 boots. I've also considered a few other boards, Bataleon's the Jam, Bataleon Goliath, and Capita BSOD.

Whichever board I buy, I plan on pairing it up with a pair of Rome Targas.
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote