Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer Projects
Thread: Summer Projects
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
backstop13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Summer Projects

What has everyone been up to over the long summer while you waited for boarding season to be back in swing?

I'll go first...

I have been working on my back yard since march. Here's a picture of what I started with...

IMG_3976.jpg

I dug out the hill back to the property line and installed a 5 ft tall retaining wall. The wall is on a radius with 6ft tall columns at each end. I also installed some lighting that is activated on a dusk/dawn system.

IMG_0271.jpg

After I got that finished up, I started on a 22' x 14' stone paver patio. I ripped out the wooden steps from the porch that led to a 2' x 2' concrete lab and a bunch of grass, and dug out the patio area. Then I had to build some new steps and added a fire pit. The last part, that I haven't finished yet, is building a flower bed up against the house (hard to see behind the table and chairs). The base is already roughed in, so I just have to stack and glue the blocks on and throw some roofing cement/pond liner on the foundation below the siding.

IMG_0270.jpg

After that a fence is going up and planting some grass so my dogs can run around in the back yard.

So what have you guys been working on?
backstop13 is offline   Reply With Quote