Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting back on my snowboard
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
maverick42

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting back on my snowboard

Hi guys, figured I would post up here to introduce myself and maybe get some advice about gear.

I used to snowboard a couple times a year(usually weekend or week long trips) when I was in my teens. I had to stop as I started taking hockey more seriously. I am now almost done with college and have not touched my gear in about 7+ years. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it and what I should be looking to replace(recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea whats good anymore).

for gear I have: an option supercap board, option bindings(not sure of the model, but they are most likely low end), ride boots(size 9, I wear size 11 nike shoes. think the boots are too small?), a giro helmet, burton jacket(again I can't remember the model), and I think I have some oakley goggles around but I may have lost them the last time I was at the mountain. what do you guys think of this stuff?

I plan on riding as much as I can this season since I can get onto the mountain near college for free. would you recommend any other pieces of gear I need? keep in mind I am a college student so the cheaper the better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!