Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting back on my snowboard
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Hm, gear that's been sitting around for 7+ years, so it's older than that...

It's too bad you're on a student budget. I'd say replace everything asap. Even in the 3-4 years that I've been snowboarding, the tech has changed. Not to mention your edges and core have probably deteriorated. Maybe check out craigslist or something for the prices on 1-2 year old equipment.
lmfao - what the fuck are you talking about??

yea most boards are rockered now, but edges and core "deteriorated"?? maybe if he stored it outside in the rain or something... otherwise fuck it, its fine.

the core in your board is not going to rot out just from sitting there not getting used. i suppose the edges could get some surface rust from moisture in the air but that is easily removed with a small piece of steel wool or a brillo pad.

if the boots are too small then replace them - boots are the most important part of your setup because they dictate how comfortable you'll be. you really should get the boots that fit you the best, regardless of brand or price.

albeit a cambered board, those options were(are?) sought after back in the day as they went out of business but had a pretty strong following that liked their boards.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote