Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW: Kessler "RIDE" 168 - The Ultimate Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
In another thread it was said that there was a communication error and the group buy should never have been that cheap, and never will again. Not sure how much truth there is to it but I'm not crossing my fingers... The Canadian distributor sold out at full price.

Edit: there's a place in the UK that has them for $1260 CDN plus $75 shipping, not sure if there's tax on top of that? VAT or ???

I'm trying to find a used Palmer Platinum in the meantime...
On the price issue, it was not an error! I spoke with them the 1st day I saw the add! It was from a new (hi-end) groupbuy company concept! And the ppl selling it actually snowboard! So, they knew exactly what they were offering. It was a sale deal between them and kessler for a minimum order qty! For Kessler, it allows them to market their brand and product considering this board was 1st year in line up (I think it was the $2000 platinum design after contract ended and product was shelved - so now sold as teh Ride under Kessler) and the igetit group... make profit!

I found a coupel of placed in Europe that had a good price. Not $650 but decent. I can posyt links if I see one. Contact the iget.it group again and see if they are planning on a new offering this year.

The Palmer Platinum IMO woudl probably be the exact same board! It was produced by Kessler prior to contract ending. Everything I read before about the Platinum fits the description of the Ride!!! So, if you find it I have a feeling it wil probably be "identical" in performance but under different name! Even size specs (check them out) almost match up!!!

Can't wait for new season to kick in!

Cheers
dice is offline   Reply With Quote