Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting back on my snowboard
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
backstop13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The width of your old board should be fine. Start by tryin' on some 10.5 boots and see how comfortable they are (don't buy online..get your ass in a store and try them on). You're done growing so you won't need room for your toes at the front of the boot. When you buy them, make sure they are a snug fit, not loose like a tennis shoe, they will pack out after a day or two of riding.

As far as gear, get at least 10k/10k. Higher if you can based on cost. The price on 5k gear is tempting, but your ass will regret it when snow starts melting through your ass on the lifts. I really like Oakley and Airblaster, although I don't think that one brand is better than any other. I don't personally own any Volcom gear, but everything I've seen in person or heard has been top notch.

Obviously Goretex is king, but that might be hard to come by on a tight budget. Check oakleyvault.com for some decent priced oakley gear from last year.

I would say you should be able to get a really nice pair of boots, and a decent jacket and pants for $400 or under.

Last edited by backstop13; 08-28-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added gear info
backstop13 is offline   Reply With Quote