Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting back on my snowboard
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
maverick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
The width of your old board should be fine. Start by tryin' on some 10.5 boots and see how comfortable they are. You're done growing so you won't need room for your toes at the front of the boot, and they are going to pack out after you ride in them. When you buy them, make sure they are a snug fit, not loose like a tennis shoe, they will pack out after a day or two of riding.

Even though the tech has changed, there's nothing wrong with riding your old gear. If you have extra cash to upgrade your board or bindings or even clothing do it, but spend all your money on a nice set of comfortable boots first.
Thanks for the tips. I was planning to keep my board and bindings for now. But I definitely need some boots and pants. it sounds like boot sizing lines up pretty close to regular sneaker sizing? any suggestions for good boot brands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Sooo how big is your board? You say you haven't touched it in 7 years, meaning you've obviously gone from a puny 8th grader to a college student. Depending on your weight and height now, it might be way to small for you.
my old board is a 160. I am about 5'11 and 150 pounds right now, so tall and skinny. weight can affect the size of board I need?
maverick42 is offline   Reply With Quote