Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Not impressed with Whistler/Blackcomb
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
pencap75

I had my snowboard honeymoon at Banff and it was awesome.
Stayed at Fairmont Banff, and because it was our honeymoon, they went the extra mile to satisfy us, even updraged our room for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Dude, I wish I would have gotten this advice before I blew $4,500 on that effen trip. I didn't even board on a weekend and it was still crowded. The rude fucken skiers are everywhere. Did I forget to mention that A lot of people there were dicks? Other than the people that worked on the mountain (lots of Ausie's) just about every person I asked for directions to a trail gave me a snide response.

To top it all off the Hotel we were staying in the Fairmont Chateau Whistler stuck my wife and I in a shitty room with 2 queen beds. I told the asshole receptionist that this was our honeymoon and asked him to please give us a King size bed he told me that wasn't happening and to deal with the room we got. Assholes. You know what fuck Whistler/Blackcomb!!! The more I think about this trip the angrier I get.

If I could take back this honeymoon and go to a tropical resort instead I would do it in a heartbeat.
pencap75 is offline   Reply With Quote